Everyone goes on a health kick now an then, but sustaining a healthy lifestyle is an entirely different story. Try these 5 lifestyle tips from meal delivery company Mom's Meals to make every day a bit healthier.
1. Pay attention to diet: Eat right every day means having access to fresh fruit and vegetables. Having a nutritious diet is good for the body, of course, but that translates to emotional health as well. For those no longer able to shop or cook for themselves, new meal delivery companies, including Mom’s Meals, prepare and deliver nutritionally balanced meals for seniors. “As we age, our nutritional needs change,” said Dee Sandquist, Registered Dietitian at Mom’s Meals. “It’s crucial for seniors to eat right every day, ensuring they stay healthy.”
2. Get moving! Mother was right; exercise really does make a difference. Whether it is a walk in a mall or an apartment hallway, to stay healthy, everyone needs to move. Starting slowly is the key and set a goal for the following day to increase that movement just a little more.
3. Stay on top of medical care. Stay in touch with doctors and family members so that everyone has an understanding of medications and supplements and potentially negative interactions. Regular checkups are crucial and so if taking any medications prescribed.
4. Get social: Depression is a common problem for seniors, especially in the winter months. Getting together with others – in person or even by phone – always helps. Join a book club, go to the apartment movie, play bingo or knock on a neighbor’s door. Find companions to share meals with, take a walk with, or just “chill,” as they say.
5. Know what you want: No one wants to think about it, but everyone should take time to complete an advance health care directive in case of an emergency. Keep copies at home and ask for one to be kept in your medical records.
For more information, visit http://www.prweb.com/releases/momsmeals/healthynewyear/prweb10278456.htm