It's amazing how little changes can add up and better your overall health. Here are a few to try:
1) Read nutrition labels and then add 5 extra grams of fiber to your diet every day. This has all kinds of benefits, including weight loss, less stomach upset, and even helping prevent some bowel issues and cancers.
2) Ditch white carbs as much as possible. Swap white breads, pastas and potatoes for sweet potatoes, whole grain bread and wheat pasta. You really won't notice much of a difference in taste, and you'll be adding tons of nutrients to your diet.
3) Drink at least four 8-oz. glasses of water each day. Good for hydration, keeping inflammation at bay, and preventing cravings.
4) Walk 10 minutes a day. On a treadmill, around the block, whatever.
5) Get rid of trans fats. Many food companies are cutting trans fats already, so this isn't hard to do. There are plenty of tasty options out there that don't include these heart disease-causing fats.