Summer is upon us. And while everyone is vying for those vital PDOs for vacation, you want to be the first on these awesome insider tips for scouting the best hotel deals.
1. Shop Around | Deiara Jones, a hospitality specialist for Extended Stay America, says to says to have options. “Although a hotel may say its 20 minutes away it can be cheaper. And most of the time that is calculated with traffic.”
2. Bundle Bundle Bundle | “Many websites offer bundles where you can book your hotel, car and flight. Sometimes it’s a 50/50 deal.”
3. Use a Company Code | “Many hotels have company codes. Although you might only work the drive thru at Burger King, a hotel may have a national deal; 3% off the regular rate, it’s better than nothing. You might have Comcast cable: tell them you’re affiliated with that company as well. With the way social media is going, word of mouth still works.”
4. AAA/AARP | “These are great to use and most insurance companies offer AAA in their packages.” Jones explained even if you do not own a tangible card, an insurance agent an provide proof to show the hotel.
5. Third Party | Jones admits these can be tricky. Third parties like Hotwire, Expedia or Priceline will have you pay upfront voiding any cost-free canceling of reservations. However sometimes the third party might even be charging you more than the hotel. One can almost price check with a hotel if you let them know you’ve found a cheaper fare at a third party.